Chorus pro Musica is seeking a volunteer with interest and experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or finance to serve as Treasurer.
Founded in 1949, Chorus pro Musica has built a superb reputation as one of the most influential forces in choral music in New England. It is distinguished in the Boston area by innovative programming and high quality performances, collaboration with other music organizations and the promotion of new music via actively commissioning new choral works. CpM commonly collaborates with other Boston-area arts organizations such as the Boston Philharmonic, the New England Philharmonic and the BoSoma Dance Company. The chorus consists of more than 100 highly talented musicians selected by audition. For more information, https://choruspromusica.org.
Oversee all financial aspects of the chorus which include the following:
- Keep full, timely and accurate account of all funds and securities belonging to CpM using QuickBooks
- Report on the financial condition of CpM at the Annual Meeting, at regular meetings of the Board of Trustees and at other times on request
- Serve as Chair of the Finance Committee
- Create season budgets with Operations and Finance Committees and the Board of Trustees
- File annual tax reports
- Manage payroll services
- Define and document bookkeeping responsibilities, protocols, and procedures
- Assist and support Chorus Manager with bookkeeping responsibilities and supplement as needed
- Act as financial liaison to the Board of Trustees by translating financial concepts, and facilitating and encouraging strategic thinking about the short and long term financial vitality of the organization in relation to its mission
- Active member of the CpM’s Operations Committee and Board of Trustees
- Provide general financial guidance and oversight for the organization
- Knowledge of QuickBooks or similar software, including integration of QuickBooks with other platforms such as Stripe, online banking, etc.
- Experience in bookkeeping, payroll, financial analysis and projections, and budget planning desired
- Experience with tax filing desired
- Experience managing others and leading committees desired
- Strong organizational and written and verbal communication skills
- Certified accountant a plus
- Experience with non-profits desired, but not required
Time Commitment and Duration
- A few hours per week on average
- 2 year term, renewable
Please use our contact form to let us know if you are interested in this position.