Old South Church in Boston’s Back Bay provides a glorious backdrop for our annual holiday celebration. Our theme this year is “Dawn on our Darkness.” The candlelit evening features the chorus singing both a cappella and accompanied by the church’s majestic Skinner organ in a program filled with holiday classics, new works, and plenty of opportunities for the audience to sing along.
Program will include:
- Kirchner: Brightest and Best
- Terry Halco: Christmas Eve
- Jocelyn Hagen: Deck the Hall
- Bittrich: Festejo de Navidad
- Runestad: Let My Love Be Heard
- Houston: Emerald Stream
- A. Thomas: The Virgin Mary had a Baby Boy
- Dan Forrest: See Amid the Winter’s Snow
A selection of traditional and well-loved carols, to be announced.
- Joy to the World
- Silent Night
$25, $35, $45; reserved by pew. We also offer an “under 30” ticket price of $10 in the $25 section.
- Green Line > Copley Square, or Orange Line > Back Bay
- Back Bay Garage, 500 Boylston Street:
- Clarendon Street Garage, 100 Clarendon Street:
- Prudential Center (discount rate with a $10 purchase from one of the Prudential Center shops):
- Outdoor lots on Newbury Street at Dartmouth St., and on Stuart Street near Hard Rock Café.
- Handicap parking in front of the Boston Public Library on Boylston Street between Exeter and Dartmouth Streets. NOTE: Due to the large number of area attractions in the Back Bay, these spaces may not be available to CpM patrons.
- MBTA Trip Planner: http://www.mbta.com/rider_tools/trip_planner/
- BestParking.com (Compare rates and locations): http://boston.bestparking.com/index.php#1
- Look for parking discount coupons to Central Parking facilities at:
- Google Maps pin, 645 Boylston St, Boston, for nearby restaurants and parking: